Brave New WorldPosted: January 9, 2012
This is not my first foray into the world of blogging, but I certainly haven’t made a serious attempt in some time, so let’s see how this goes!
Here’s what you can expect from Craving Pages:
- general babble about books (I’ve recently become a Kindle owner, but still cling to my dead tree books) and publishing
- book reviews and recommendations
- cooking babble
- occasional recipes (along with photos of successes or disasters)
- commentary on world events
- photos when I’m so inclined
- writers’ block
- lots of things in between
As for me, I’m a graduate in Japanese Studies, with a keen interest in publishing. I live in the UK and have mostly bounced around between Lancashire and Oxford over the last few years, with a year of study in Japan squeezed in between. I’ve worked in London and am seeking to get back there before too long. I also write and am working on a novel bit by bit. I have a fascination with the politics of North Korea and a love for stargazing too.
That’s me. Mostly.
Finally, this year I have challenged myself to read 50 books, after an extremely hectic couple of years which left me woefully behind in my reading! As of today, I’m 2/50, which means I am steadily on track.
(Brave New World – Aldous Huxley)